Confidence & Chaos is a participant in various affiliate programs designed to provide a means to earn additional income by linking to other products or services. There is no additional cost to you by clicking through on these links. You can read more about it here.
I am going to keep this short & “sweet,” in the interest of just getting something posted since it has been weeks since I last participated in Ten Things of Thankful. . . Please forgive me for not putting forth more of an effort this week. . . Sometimes just gaining some momentum is a necessary thing. So, in no particular order. . .
- The handsome husband’s ability to always seem to know how to make me smile, regardless of how miserable I think I feel.
- Coffee to help my foggy brain. I have really been trying to NOT let it turn into a daily habit again, but I’ve nearly given up on that idea. . . . Plus, I haven’t been sleeping so well & it seems to be a good way to balance that out. . .
- Water to keep me hydrated. . . Because I feel like CRAP when I even START to get dehydrated. (Doesn’t everyone?) I guess, more specifically, I am grateful that we can squeeze a water delivery service into our already-tight budget. . . & that he handsome husband will go fill the jugs when we forget to put them outside to be replaced by full ones on delivery day!
- Dishwashers because there’s no way in Hell I am going to wash the mess of dishes in my kitchen by hand this weekend.
- Weekend electricity rate drops. Because they are my days to sit at home in my PJs, doing housework & homework, with plenty of computer & television time in between. It gives me a good excuse to take it slow, but still feel productive.
- I am grateful that my first semester at college is going well. I am officially past the half-way mark on the semester & — so far — I am maintaining A’s in all of my classes, with my lowest grade today standing at 95.5% (math). In all fairness, I just had a midterm in my history class & I am still waiting on the two essays to be graded, so we will see where I stand then! (If you’re curious about my intended major, read this, then feel free to ask questions in the comments.)
- I am grateful that I have a family Thanksgiving to look forward to! It will by no means be my WHOLE family, but it will be the first Thanksgiving quite like this in quite a long time. . . My two cousins, my “baby” second-cousin, & one of my uncles will be driving over from Southern California to spend Thanksgiving at my house this year! Then, we were able to buy my Little RJ’s plane ticket a couple of weeks ago for his Thanksgiving visit. . . And, my sister & her three boys will be over as well. Our three bedroom house is going to be FULL for a few days, but I am SO looking forward to it! I am starting to plan the menu a bit already. . . 😉
- I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have a very small handful of friends that have turned into family. . . I have been so emotional lately — about various things — but one of the main things that has been on my mind is that one of my absolute best friends is celebrating a milestone birthday this year (next month, just four days after my own birthday) & I am unable to be there to celebrate with her. It breaks my heart. . . & hers too, I suspect. It is just part of life. Money doesn’t grow on trees & being responsible about the money you do have is quite painful sometimes — especially when it means you have to say no to something like this. It makes me sad. . . BUT, again, I am grateful that I get to experience having a friend such as her. . .
- I am grateful for a little place called the dollar store. LOL. The handsome husband came home the other morning & told me that, if the budget should allow, I should go get a pedicure. I asked him why & he said it was because he knew it was something that relaxed me & it had been a while since I’d gotten one. LOL. Oh dear. It was super sweet. Made me smile. BUT, it also made me wonder how big of a bitch I’ve really been lately, with my emotions feeling so out of whack! Anyway, I decided it wasn’t in the budget just yet, but I was able to pick up a few things at the dollar store to give it a go at home! SO, hopefully later on today or tomorrow, I will set everything else aside & treat my hands & feet. 😉
- Blogging. I know it’s made his list before. Sorry for the redundancy. BUT, it’s a good reminder after the recent month-long hiatus. I enjoy the people I get to “meet” through Calculated Chaos & the outlet for my constantly racing brain. For all of my stressing about what is appropriate to share here, what I need to share or keep to myself, how I see this in the future, what I want to do with this blog versus what I think I should do. . . Anyway, the point is that, regardless of all those things, I am grateful Calculated Chaos is here.
What are YOU grateful for? No matter how small, it really is therapeutic to remind yourself that there’s plenty to be thankful about. . . Please, share with me in the comments below or find me on Facebook. If you’re a blogger, whip up your own post & link up with Ten Things of Thankful over at Considerings every Saturday. If you’re not a blogger, that’s where you can go to find plenty of other blogs & thankfuls. 😉